A.S.K. Friendship Society : Program Relocation and Expansion of Services Business Plan
Organisation: A.S.K. Friendship Centre
Location: Vancouver, BC
Closing Date: March 22nd, 2019
Arbutus Shaughnessy Kerrisdale (ASK) Friendship Society’s mission is to provide opportunities that enhance quality of life for older adults. ASK runs an Adult Day Program as well as provides education and advocacy for seniors living in the community. The Adult Day Program provides therapeutic activities with the support of a caring team of trained staff members for seniors who have chronic health challenges or who have difficulty meeting their own social needs.
The project is the generation of a business plan with cost estimates for moving ASK into the new 9 000 square feet of purpose-built space in the new Arbutus Centre by January 30th, 2020. This Project will also include identifying of community stakeholders for expansion of services and new programs for seniors in the new facility.
- Work with Director of Development, Executive Director and Board of Directors to determine their priorities for the Arbutus site including coordinating with the City of Vancouver and architectural team in the design of the space with flexibility for changing and emerging requirements.
- Prepare proposal(s) of services expansion and new programs for implementation and identify potential funders.
- Help build a budget for the new programs.
- Minimum three years of project management experience, ideally in elder community.
- Experience working with various senior groups
- Experience with grant applications for the City of Vancouver would be an asset
- Excellent planning and communication skills
- Having a passion for seniors is an asset
Estimated Time Commitment: 10-15 hours per month
Start Date: April 15, 2019 End Date: January 30, 2020
Scope of Work
Working with the Directors the PM volunteer will build a business plan and budget proposal for the relocation and expansion of services of ASK Friendship Society in its new location. Part of the business plan will include gathering vital information from potential stakeholders in the community, with regards to partnerships, funding and grants. The PM volunteer will need to attend the ASK’s Board Long Range Planning Committee meetings. Attendance may also be required to attend community information gatherings meetings and assist in the development of presentations.
- Completed business plan for relocation and expansion of services in the new location
- Completed budget estimate for relocation and expansion of services in the new location
The PM volunteer will have end-end accountability on project deliverables, reporting to Miranda Haley, Director of Development
Miranda Haley will provide a letter of recommendation to the PM volunteer at the successful conclusion of the project and serve as a reference if appropriate.
How to Apply
Please apply with a cover letter indicating why you are interested in supporting A.S.K. Friendship Society on this project and why you feel your skill set and experience would make you a good match for this project, along with a detailed resume to:
Name, Miranda Haley, Director of Development, A.S.K Friendship Society
Phone: 604-263-7333 Ex 4
Please copy of your application package to Project Management Volunteers c/o:
David Nimmo PM-Volunteers Client Relationship Manager