Abbotsford Community Services – Office 365 Migration
Organisation: Abbotsford Community Services
Closing Date: July 6, 2018
The Organization – Abbotsford Community Services
Abbotsford Community Services (ACS) is a non-profit, multi-service, community-based social service agency in operation since 1969. With more than 20,000 people coming through the agency’s doors each year, ACS provides over 90 programs and services to people in need.
Abbotsford Community Services strives to be an agency that fosters community well-being and social justice through positive action and leadership.
Project Description: Office 365 Migration
Abbotsford Community Services currently has approximately 400 staff, working at 20 locations in and around the Abbotsford area. These staff work on a disparate set of desktop office and email systems and require project management support to plan and organize the migration of all staff to one consistent Office365 system.
- Minimal disruption to day-to-day operations
- Simplify work sharing and collaboration and reduce IT support challenges of working with staff on different applications and different versions of those applications
- Introduce one consistent calendaring system, allowing staff to view each other’s calendar for meeting scheduling.
- Establish one consistent desktop system, simplifying future software upgrades and migrations.
- Improve overall staff collaboration efficiency
- 5 years of IT project management experience. Desktop software migration project experience preferred.
- Solid understanding of change management planning and execution
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Experience with not-for-profit sector is desirable
Estimated Time Commitment:
Expected effort is 4 hours/week which will fluctuate depending on the phase of the project. One or two on-site meetings may prove necessary for team meetings and planning.
Start Date: Sept 1, 2018. May start earlier depending on PM availability
Expected Completion Date: Jan 31, 2019
Scope of Work:.
- PM will lead ACS team to plan and execute deployment
- All staff at all 20+ sites need to be migrated from various desktop systems to Office365
- Project must consider all user devices; laptops, desktops, tablets, phones
- Staff training prior to migration plus post-migration follow up support
- Initial Project Charter
- Project Plan to include at minimum;
- Work Breakdown Structure
- Resource Requirements (staff, contractors)
- Training & Post-migration follow up Requirements
- Testing Plan
- Training Plan.
- Ongoing monitoring of project execution
Accountability: The PM volunteer will have end-end accountability on project deliverables, reporting to the ACS IT Management Committee comprised of Directors of Operations, Employment & Recycling.
Benefits: The Director of Operations will provide a letter of recommendation to the PM volunteer at the successful conclusion of the project and serve as a reference if appropriate.
How to Apply:
Please apply with a cover letter indicating why you are interested in supporting Abbotsford Community Services on this project and why you feel your skill set and experience would make you a good match for this project, along with a detailed resume to:
Nadine Power, Director of Operations
Please copy of your application package to Project Management Volunteers c/o:
Peter Mulholland, PM-Volunteers, Client Relationship Manager at email@example.com
NOTE: We may consider a team approach of a senior/junior project manager. We encourage junior project managers who are interested in acquiring experience to apply. Any such arrangement will be contingent on agreement by the client and the applicants.