BC Association of Family Resource Programs : Fundraising Plan
Organisation: BC Association of Family Resource Programs
Closing Date: April 8, 2018
The BC Association of Family Resource Programs (FRP-BC) is a not-for-profit provincial organization dedicated to raising the awareness of the importance of community-based Family Resource Programs.
We do this by supporting Family Resource Programs in furthering their mandate to strengthen parenting and the healthy development of children within the context of the family.
The BC Association of Family Resource Programs promotes the Family Resource Program model as a community hub where both Canadian born families and those new to Canada can access family support, opportunities for engagement, and community resources.
The BC Association of Family Resource Programs requires a fundraising plan to support the goals of our strategic plan. The organization may collaborate for sustainability with other family-centred practice organizations. There is interest in involvement through philanthropy, business or corporations regarding fulfilling their social responsibility. There is opportunity to expand this fundraising plan to include community-based Family Resource Programs.
- Develop a fundraising concept and approach to support the strategic plan.
- Define the fundraising goal for our strategic plan.
- Generate a project plan for this year’s fundraising campaign.
- Minimum 3-5 years of project management experience
- Experience in generating a fundraising plan
- Experience in the non-profit sector.
- Excellent planning and communication skills, written and verbal
- Leadership skills
Estimated Time Commitment: 30-60 hours (estimate)
Expected Start Date: 1 May 2018 Expected End Date: 31 August 2018
Scope of Work
The volunteer project manager will:
- Work with staff to understand the programs offered at FRP-BC, its business plan and strategic directions.
- Identify the stakeholders within FRP-BC and in the community at large.
- Draft a Fundraising Plan involving FRP-BC staff, issue it for review and finalize it
- Assess staff time to execute the fundraising plan.
- Generate progress reports as agreed
- Recognize, address and resolve issues
- Create a collaborative and fun working environment
- A written assessment of the existing fundraising systems
- Fundraising Plan that addresses the requirements of the strategic plan
The volunteer PM will have end-to-end accountability for all the deliverables and be responsible to Sherry Sinclair, Executive Director.
BC Association of Family Resource Programs will provide a letter of recommendation at the successful conclusion of the project, and serve as a reference if appropriate. FRP-BC will acknowledge the PM’s work on its social media.
Sherry Sinclair, Executive Director
Phone: (778) 590-0045
Cell: (604) 855-5877
How to Apply
Please apply with a cover letter indicating why you are interested in supporting BC Association of Family Resource Programs and why you feel your skill set and experience would make you a good match for this project, along with a detailed resume to Sherry Sinclair.
NOTE: Please copy Cyprian Libera of PMV on your application (Cyprian.Libera@PMV.org)
It might be possible to staff this volunteer PM position with two people: A more senior PM, supported by a junior PM. This will depend on the suitability of the applicants, the interest and agreement by the more senior PM to such an arrangement and the decision