BC Cancer Foundation – Office Refurbishment, Phase One
Organisation: BC Cancer Foundation
Location: Vancouver, BC
Closing Date: September 13, 2019
BC Cancer Foundation is a fundraising partner of BC Cancer. Every dollar raised will be spent at BC Cancer to advance research and enhance care for the people of B.C to make a difference in the lives.
BC Cancer’s mission is to improve the treatments for patients through engaging the investments in science and technology to break new ground in genomics, immunology and nuclear medicine. This will lead to prevention in high risk families, better treatments with fewer side effects and ultimately improved health and longevity for people impacted by cancer.
BC Cancer Foundation is actively working with 90,000 donors and communities across B.C. to inspire investment in BC Cancer and the provincial teams of world-leading researchers, oncologists and care providers.
BC CANCER FOUNDATION is planning to refurbish the office workplace for currently 35 people to increase density by approx. 5 to 10 spots. The refurbishment shall include architectural/constructional changes involving knocking down walls, design new layout, vendor selections and a transition plan for the current staff until the refurbishment work can be completed.
The new workplace plan shall reflect organization’s requirements, future growth, increase productivity and efficiency, project the brand to internal and external audiences.
The project will be planned in 2 phases. Phase one will include chartering and detailed planning considering organization’s requirements. Phase two shall include the execution of the plan created in Phase one, desired completion date for phase one is end of 2019 and phase two Q2/2020.
This posting is looking for a PM to plan phase one. The PM can also consider taking over phase two as desired and upon agreement with BC Cancer Foundation.
- Gather requirements
- Identify needed resources
- Facilitate chartering session
- Assist in the management of the budget
- Support the Space Planning Team as appropriate
- Implement and manage requirement change’s when necessary to meet project goals
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities
- Adaptability and ability to work well with groups
- Excellent communication skills and diverse cultural empathy
- Experience in office planning and/or working with Non-Profit Organizations is preferred
Scope of Work
Guide and direct the BC Cancer Foundation team to gather the requirements to create a detailed plan to be successfully executed in phase 2.
- Provide project charter including project scope, time line, needed resources, success criteria and desired out come
- Detailed project plan including defined tasks for identified resources, to be executed in phase 2
- Create schedule and project timeline
- Address any issues and changes might arise during the project
- Present to stakeholders reports on progress as well as problems and solutions
- Conduct lessons learned in cooperation with PM- volunteers
Estimated Time Commitment
15-20 hours per month
Start Date: September 16 End Date: November 29
The PM volunteer will have end-end accountability on project deliverables, reporting to Lisa Lilley, Director, People & Organizational Potential
BC Cancer Foundation will provide a letter of recommendation to the PM volunteer at the successful conclusion of the project and serve as a reference if appropriate.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, referring to project manager for Office refurbishment, Phase one.
Please send a copy of your application package to Project Management Volunteers; email@example.com
Organization may proceed with interviewing and engaging applicants before the application deadline.