Burnaby Neighbourhood House : Gift Wrap Fundraiser
Organisation: Burnaby Neighbourhood House
Location: Burnaby, BC
Closing Date: October 16, 2019
Our mission is to make our Neighbourhoods better places to live
Our Goal is to enable people to enhance their lives and strengthen their communities
Our challenge is to work with communities to develop innovative programs and services that meet the changing needs of our diverse population
A project manager is required to oversee the coordination and successful implementation of the Gift Wrapping booth at Metropolis Mall. The gift-wrapping booth engages over 200 volunteers to offer gift wrapping services at Metropolis Mall during the holiday season. The gift-wrapping booth needs to be operational during all mall hours. The Project Manager will work with a staff team to oversee the timelines and work, recruit, train and schedule volunteers, carry out marketing activities and help to problem solve any issues that arise.
- To raise funds, targeting 17K, that will support Burnaby Neighbourhood House program operations
- To engage volunteers within their community to support a local charitable cause
- Ability to lead, motivate and engage volunteers in a team setting
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Excellent cross cultural communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft office suite required, familiarity with SignUp would be an asset
- Experience in publicizing an event in the community would be an asset
Estimated Time Commitment
Approximately 10 to 15 hours a week from October to December
Start Date: Immediately End Date: December 24th 2019
Scope of Work
The project manager will coordinate and provide oversight of all aspects of the gift-wrapping booth at Metropolis Mall during the 2019 holiday season. The project manager will review and refine time lines with staff and work within established volunteer systems and organizational policies. The project manager will support marketing activities and ensure that we are ready with trained and committed volunteers so that the gift-wrapping booth operates smoothly and generates the highest amount of donations ever. The project manager helps to problem solve any issues that may arise through the duration of the gift-wrapping project. Volunteer gift wrappers are required to staff the gift-wrapping booth during all hours that the mall is open starting on Friday, November 29th and ending December 24th.
- Work with BNH staff members to develop a project management plan including a detailed event implementation plan, marketing plan, communications plan, volunteer coordination plan with identification of key milestones
- Feedback on existing event plans including resource, volunteer and marketing
- Attendance to event kick off meeting
- Execution of project management plan
- Ensuring milestones are met with robust mitigation strategy to address potential issues
- A final evaluation report closing out the project
The PM volunteer will have end-end accountability on project deliverables, reporting to Sara Shaw, Program Director
Burnaby Neighbourhood House will provide a letter of recommendation to the PM volunteer at the successful conclusion of the project and serve as a reference if appropriate.
How to Apply
Please apply with a cover letter indicating why you are interested in supporting Burnaby Neighbourhood House on this project and why you feel your skill set and experience would make you a good match for this project, along with a detailed resume to:
Sara Shaw, Program Director, Burnaby Neighbourhood Housing
Please copy your application package also to Project Management Volunteers c/o:
Michelle Caron, PMV Client Relationship Manager
Organization may proceed with interviewing and engaging applicants before the as soon as possible.
NOTE We will be applying, if possible, a team approach and engage a senior and a junior project manager. We encourage junior project managers who are interested in acquiring experience to apply. Any such arrangement will be contingent on agreement by the client and the applicants.