Canadian Center for Arts and Technology – Pilot Program – Digital Animation
Organisation: Canadian Center for Arts and Technology
Location: Vancouver, BC
Closing Date: November 10, 2019
The Canadian Center for Arts and Technology (CANCAT) is an non-profit organization positioned to positively impact both youth and adults in the city of Vancouver on the Downtown eastside (DTES). They are looking to launch a pilot program that engages youth in a digital arts and fine arts after school program. The program uses the framework established and used for 50 years at the Manchester Bidwell Corporation in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. While they are preparing to break ground on renovations on their own world-class facility located in Strathcona (opening expected for 2021/2022), they are excited to begin a Pilot program offering service to the community, and proving out the concept in the local market
The objectives of the program are to:
- Improve student retention and graduation rates
- Promote positive behaviors among teens
- Provide culturally relevant programming in a safe, healthy, and creative environment
- Connect students and programs to the diverse local community
- Introduce students to post-secondary possibilities and opportunities
This project is about organizing and managing the execution of a pilot program for high school youth at risk, the target audience of CANCAT. The program is planned to start Jan 20, 2020, and will run for 12 weeks, during two late afternoons per week, after school hours (3:30 – 5:30pm) . The curriculum (available) will provide hands on instruction in digital animation and/or fine arts (painting). CANCAT will be providing instructions, curriculum and a venue.
- Plan and help execute the pilot program such that it will be successful (full class at the start and at the end, positive feedback from the participants, etc.)
- Assist the board in running an event showcase at the end of the first cohort
- Obtain quantitative and qualitative feedback, to be used for future programs.
- At least 3 years project management experience
- Experience in event or course organization would be an asset
- Experience in youth’s education programs would be an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Good Knowledge using Project Management and collaboration tools, also, MS office.
- Proactive Team player
Estimated Time Commitment
20-25 hours per month
Start Date: Mid November 2019 End Date: end of May 2020
Scope of Work
The volunteer project manager will work with the five members of the Board to prepare the pilot program. After generating the Project Plan, the vol. PM will assign tasks, monitor their execution, help out when difficulties arise, resolve issues, and get involved her/himself in various tasks. While the program executes, the instructor will do most of the work, and the vol. PM will be available as necessary for operational follow-up and support for any needed coordination part. During and at the end of the program, the vol. PM will ensure that feedback is collected to assess the program’s impact and effect.
- Project Plan
- Communication plan and stakeholder registry
- Program Evaluation Plan before the official start.
- Program Evaluation Report at the end of the project.
The PM volunteer will have end-end accountability on project deliverables, reporting to Tim Kim,
CANCAT will provide a letter of recommendation to the PM volunteer at the successful conclusion of the project, and serve as a reference if appropriate.
How to Apply
Please apply with a cover letter indicating why you are interested in supporting CANCAT on this project and why you feel your skill set and experience would make you a good match for this project, along with a detailed resume to:
Timur Kim, CANCAT
Please copy of your application package to Project Management Volunteers c/o:
Heba Rezk, PM-Volunteers Client Relationship Manager
Organization may proceed with interviewing and engaging applicants before the application deadline.
NOTE We may consider a team approach of a senior/junior project manager. We encourage junior project managers who are interested in acquiring experience to apply. Any such arrangement will be contingent on agreement by the client and the applicants.