Family Services of Greater Vancouver : Operation Plans Development Support
Organisation: Family Services of Greater Vancouver
Closing Date: September 30, 2018
For 90 years, Family Services of Greater Vancouver have inspired and supported those who need help reaching their full potential. We work to ensure children are nurtured, youth find optimism, adults feel empowered, and parents make choices that build strong families.
The Board and senior leadership of Family Services of Greater Vancouver recently developed a 3-year strategic plan. The plan is now ready to be put into action. The next step will involve the development, and following this, the implementation, of operational plans by each team. This project covers training and supporting the leaders of about a dozen teams in the development of their respective operational plans. A template for the plans already exists.
PMV will make available its “Introduction to Project Management” workshop materials to the volunteer PM. While not fully applicable, we believe that some of the material might be useful.
- Train the program managers in how to develop an operational plan together with their teams
- Provide guidance to team members in how to effectively document an operational plan
- Provide feedback based on a review of the operational plans drafts
- Train the team leaders in approaches and techniques for monitoring the implementation of the plans
- Demonstrated experience in project management (at least 3 years)
- Experience in developing and implementing operational plans
- Experience in teaching/training project management skills would be an asset
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
Estimated Time Commitment: About 30 hours over the course of Phase 1 of the project.
Expected Start Date: September 30, 2018, or shortly thereafter
Expected End Date: November 30, 2018
NOTE: This is Phase 1 of the project. It will be followed by Phase 2, from Dec1/18 to Mar 31/19, involving the execution of the plans. There is the possibility, assuming agreement from all parties, for the volunteer PM in Phase 1 to continue her/his involvement during Phase 2.
Scope of Work
The Volunteer PM will work with the directors (with input from their program managers) and develop a training session for the program managers and one additional member of each team. The audience will thus be around two dozen people. The training session is expected to require about half a day, but this will be determined by the volunteer PM together with the directors. Following the training session, the volunteer PM will be available to answer questions from the program managers and team members and will review and provide feedback on the operational plan drafts.
- Developing a proposed plan for the program managers training
- Conducting the training session
- Reviewing the operational plan drafts and providing feedback
The Volunteer PM will report to the Directors.
- An opportunity to do meaningful work in an agency with a 90-year history of strengthening people and communities.
- Family Services of Greater Vancouver will provide a letter of recommendation at the successful conclusion of the project, and serve as a reference if appropriate.
Contact: Shahnaz Kabir, Administrative Manager
T: 604-875-6277 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter describing why you will be able to support this project, to Shahnaz, with a copy to Pietro Widmer at PM-Volunteers: email@example.com