Jewish Family Services – Operational and Optimization Audit
Organisation: Jewish Family Services
Location: Vancouver, BC
Closing Date: June 26, 2019
Guided by the wisdom and values of our Jewish tradition, JFS’ mission is to deliver a continuum of social services to individuals and families of all ages and stages of life, supporting them to live healthy and productive lives. Our vision is to be a leader in the Jewish and broader communities, transforming the lives of individuals and families through quality services and innovative programming that responds to evolving community needs.
The JFS mission goal is to deliver the best service possible with the resources at its disposal. It needs to understand the use of its resources as consumed with existing operational methods. The project will identify how resources are currently used and provide a baseline for future audits and improvement projects.
- Use an audit method to identify and document current operational processes.
- Covers the entire operation (admin, program departments, finance, development and marketing).
- Conducted through personal interviews with as many staff as possible
- Goal is measurement; issues captured in Pareto type charts that prioritize categories of issues and highlights where resources are spent.
- Outcomes will be shared with the senior management team (SMT).
- Individual with Quality Process Audit experience; work on operational audits preferred
- Excellent communication skills and track record for gaining the respect and cooperation of client’s staff and stakeholders
- Strong experience in staff and stakeholder facilitation
- Exceptional planning and leadership skills with the ability to prioritize tasks, manage deadlines and achieve goals in timely manner
- Non-profit and social service sector knowledge an asset
Estimated Time Commitment: Approx. 60-80 hours over 3 months
Start Date: June 2019 End Date: September 2019
Scope of Work
- Develop an audit checklist and questionnaire appropriate for JFS operations
- Conduct an operational audit through staff and/or stakeholder interview and meeting facilitation
- Record and analyze all data obtained from the audit findings
- Produce an Operations Audit summary report for management
- Management report that summarizes the basic findings of the audit (Pareto style chart).
The PM volunteer will have end-to-end accountability on project deliverables, reporting to Maya Dimapilis and Tanja Demajo.
Jewish Family Services will provide a letter of recommendation to the PM volunteer at the successful conclusion of the project, and serve as a reference if appropriate.
How to Apply
Please apply with a cover letter indicating why you are interested in supporting JFS on this project and why you feel your skill set and experience would make you a good match for this project, along with a detailed resume to:
Anastasia Griatsiotis, Fundraising Assistant
Please also copy the following:
Cyprian Libera, PMP -Volunteers Client Relationship Manager
JFS may proceed with interviewing and engaging applicants before the application deadline.