NetSquared Vancouver (Net2van) : Digital Nonprofit Conference
Organisation: NetSquared Vancouver
Location: Vancouver, BC
Closing Date: January 21, 2019
NetSquared Vancouver (Net2van) hosts free technology and digital marketing workshops for nonprofits.
Run entirely by volunteers, we bring together community leaders interested in the use of technology to bring about positive social change. Net2van is the largest convener of its kind in Vancouver, with 3,000 members representing nonprofit organizations and foundations, government agencies and service providers, designers and developers, innovators and social entrepreneurs.
Net2van’s signature event is The Digital Nonprofit, a conference designed to help nonprofit leaders learn about the models and tools needed for digital transformation. We will also feature case studies from nonprofits who will share the online tactics they’re using to truly engage with their members.
We need a Project Manager to plan and manage our June 2019 event. The volunteer will work with Elijah van der Giessen to manage the event and to develop an event management plan that standardizes the process for future events.
- Manage the June 2019 June event.
- Define a general project plan that can be applied to future events.
- Minimum 3-5 years of project management experience
- Experience in marketing and/or event management
- Experience in the non-profit sector is an asset
- Excellent planning and communication skills, written and verbal
- Leadership skills
Estimated Time Commitment: 40 hours (estimate)
Expected Start Date: February 2019 Expected End Date: June 2019
Scope of Work
The volunteer project manager will:
- Work with staff to understand the annual event offered by NetSquared Vancouver.
- Work with staff to identify the stakeholders within NetSquared Vancouver.
- Be responsible for all project deliverables.
- Generate progress reports as agreed.
- Recognize, address and resolve issues.
- A Project Plan to successfully execute the requirements of the June 2019 event.
- Management of the June 2019 event.
- A Project Plan template that will be used as part of a broader project management plan for future events.
The volunteer PM will have end-to-end accountability for all the deliverables and be responsible to Elijah van der Giessen, Sponsor.
NetSquared Vancouver will provide a letter of recommendation at the successful conclusion of the project, and serve as a reference if appropriate. NetSquared Vancouver will acknowledge the PM’s work on its social media.
Elijah van der Giessen, NetSquared Vancouver, Organizer – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Phone: 604-719-1079
NOTE: Please copy Cyprian Libera of PMV on your application (Cyprian.Libera@PMV.org)
How to Apply
Please apply with a cover letter indicating why you are interested in supporting NetSquared Vancouver and why you feel your skill set and experience would make you a good match for this project, along with a detailed resume to Elijah van der Giessen.
It might be possible to staff this volunteer PM position with two people: A more senior PM, supported by a junior PM. This will depend on the suitability of the applicants, the interest and agreement by the more senior PM to such an arrangement and the decision of the client.