Parkgate Community Services Society – New Branding Launch Event
Organisation: Parkgate Community Services Society
Location: North Vancouver
Closing Date: September 9, 2019
Parkgate Community Services Society (PCSS) is a registered, not-for-profit charitable society that has been in operation since 1983. With a vision to make a positive difference in the life of every person, provide innovative social, recreational, educational and health promotion services to the community. PCSS’s responsive programming includes programs and outreach for seniors and youth, as well as an extensive childcare and family services programs.
Parkgate Society has a unique partnership with North Vancouver Recreation & Culture to provide community-based programs and services through Parkgate Community Centre and other nearby locations in the Deep Cove/East Seymour area of North Vancouver. PCSS relies on financial support from government, foundations and the generosity of individuals in our community.
Plan and support the successful launch of new branding strategy to create a distinct look that properly and accurately identifies Parkgate Society as a unique not-for-profit organization housed within Parkgate Community Centre. The new branding strategy shall reflect and promote PCSS’s mission and vision and to increase the level of awareness in the community that Parkgate Society is a separate entity housed within Parkgate Community Centre.
The Project Manager is responsible for guiding the direction, coordination, implementation, and completion of Parkgate Society’s Brand Launch Event planned sometime in mid-to-late autumn in alignment with the organization’s strategy and goals for the new branding.
- Lead the Parkgate Staff Team to plan and implement the event
- Oversee the management of the budget
- Support and direct team
- Monitor and report on project progress
- Implement and manage change when necessary to meet project outputs
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities
- Adaptability and ability to work well with groups
- Excellent communication skills and diverse cultural empathy
- Experience in event planning and/or working with Non-Profit Organizations is preferred
Estimated Time Commitment
10-15 hours per month
Start Date: September 10 End Date: November 28
Scope of Work
Guide and direct the PCSS team to execute the plan the launch event for new branding strategy in alignment with the team and defined success criteria.
- Define project scope, success criteria and desired out come
- Define tasks and required resources
- Create schedule and project timeline
- Track progress and budget
- Address any issues and changes might arise during the project
- Present to stakeholders reports on progress as well as problems and solutions
- Conduct lessons learned in cooperation with PM- volunteers
The PM volunteer will have end-end accountability on project deliverables, reporting to Ellen Clague, the Community Engagement Manager
Parkgate Community Services Society will provide a letter of recommendation to the PM volunteer at the successful conclusion of the project and serve as a reference if appropriate.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com, referring to project manager for New Branding Launch Event.
Please send a copy of your application package to Ellen; EClague@myparkgate.com and Project Management Volunteers; firstname.lastname@example.org
Organization may proceed with interviewing and engaging applicants before the application deadline.