Marpole Oakridge Family Place: 40th Anniversary Celebration
Organisation: Marpole Oakridge Family Place
Closing Date: March 24th, 2018
Marpole Oakridge Family Place (MOFP) supports families and children ages 0 to 6. They promote the health and wellbeing of parents, grandparents, Seniors, Vulnerable Adults, caregivers and young children.
The project consists of leading the Organization in the 40th Anniversary Celebration event to raise awareness to the family center. Main goals are:
- To celebrate the 40th anniversary of MOFP to thank the people involved in the process of bring the new site for MOFP into existence
- To use the event to help fundraising now and to provide a template for future fundraising events to be held at the same time each year.
- Demonstrated experience in program/project management either in a non-profit, government or private setting
- Experience and solid knowledge in fundraising event planning and execution
- Experience in event promoting and marketing
- Excellent communication and organization skills
Estimated Time Commitment: 100-120 hours
Expected Start Date: late March 2018
Expected End Date: September 30, 2018
Scope of Work:
The event will take place in the new MOFP offices, where MOFP will move in Summer 2018. The event date is set for Thursday, September 20th, 2018 from 4-6pm. The Volunteer PM, as part of the Project Team, will:
- Learn about the Family Place’s needs and expectation for the 40th Anniversary Celebration.
- Seek, collect, contribute and consolidate ideas and concepts for the event. Help MOFP reach consensus on how to structure the event, how to fund it and how to proceed.
- Once the concept is approved by the Executive Director (ED), lead the project team in preparing, promoting and holding the event.
- Work towards making the event a success and increasing the visibility of MOFP in the community
The Volunteer PM is expected to lead the Project Team and to:
- Produce a document that summarize the conceptual definition of the event as agreed upon with the ED and MOFP Staff.
- Prepare a Project Plan for the review and approval of the ED, to be used as key guidance document for the execution of the project.
- In cooperation with ED and MOFP Staff canvass potential Sponsors to support the event.
- Help MOFP in the definition of the advertising of the event; follow-up as required.
- Prepare the project close-out report/lessons learned
The volunteer Project Manager will be accountable for the deliverables and will report to Tracy Beshara, Executive Director. Responsibility for purchases, contracts, legal requirements, etc is with MOFP.
The Executive Director will provide a letter of recommendation at the successful conclusion of the project. In addition the project manager will have the opportunity to improve his or her existing project management skills in the NFP sector, and experience working in a family friendly environment.
Contact: Tracy Beshara, Executive Director
How to Apply: Please apply with a cover letter indicating why you are interested in supporting the Marpole Oakridge Family Place in this project and why you feel your skill set and experience would make you a good match for this project, along with a detailed resume to Tracy Howard (email: email@example.com phone 604-263-1405), with copy to Sandro Papile at PMV (email: firstname.lastname@example.org ).
NOTE: This volunteer PM position could be staffed with two people: A more senior PM, supported by a more junior PM. This will depend on the suitability of the applicants, the interest and agreement by the more senior PM to such an arrangement and the decision of the client.