Project Manager: Development of a Five Year Strategic Plan
Organisation: South Granville Senior’s Centre
Closing Date: June 12, 2017
Organization’s Mission: The South Granville Seniors Centre is an inclusive organization that offers friendship as well as health and wellness programing for seniors (55 plus) within our catchment of South Granville, Fairview and Kitsilano districts. For almost 40 years, we are centrally located within a walking distance from the South Granville shopping district (located at the corner of Hemlock Street and 12th Avenue). Providing over 40 different programs and services in support of seniors including health, wellness, companionship activities, we cater to a wide variety of tastes, interests and multi-cultural groups.
Project Objectives: In 2011, we prepared a 5 year strategic plan to help us understand our strengths and identify areas for further improvement. As it has been 6 years since we last undertook this activity, it is time to revisit our plan and update it based upon current conditions. This project involves creating a new strategic plan and identifying actionable tasks.
- Consulting experience with emphasis on strategic plan development to create recommendations. Five or more years of project management experience within a business environment;
- A consultative approach to working with teams (staff, board and centre members) with the objective to reviewing existing programs and abstraction skills to uncover new creative opportunities while creating/building on existing opportunities;
- Demonstrated education and experience in project management; and
- Strong planning and communication skills.
Estimated Time Commitment: Approximately 5 hrs/week over a 13 week period
Preferred Start Date: July 3rd, 2017
Expected Completion Date: September to mid-October 2017
Scope of Work: The Volunteer PM, with support from the South Granville Senior’s Centre Executive Director, Staff/Board, will be responsible for the development of a Strategic Plan with Go-Forward Recommendations.
- Strategic plan based on reports, records, with some data collection accompanied with spread sheets for scenario modeling
- Ability to facilitate several workshops with the staff, board, and members. Evaluate and analyze the 2011 strategic planning. Set up priorities and write a document with recommendations.
- Analysis of our existing service approach for the purpose of creating recommendations with respect to program improvement and locating efficiencies and/or reducing redundancies etc.
- Identify additional/other potential revenue generation options.
Accountability: The PM volunteer will have end-end accountability on project deliverables, reporting to Executive Director.
Benefits: South Granville Senior’s Centre will provide a letter of recommendation (to the PM volunteer) at the successful conclusion of the project, and serve as a reference if appropriate.
How to Apply:
Please apply with a cover letter indicating why you are interested in supporting the South Granville Senior’s Centre on this project and why you feel your skill set and experience would make you a good match for this project, along with a detailed resume to:
Clemencia Gomez, Executive Director
Phone: (604) 732-0812
Please copy of your application package to Project Management Volunteers c/o:
Sean Goldie, PM-Volunteers Client Relationship Manager
Deadline for Applications: June 12, 2017
NOTE: We may consider a team approach of a senior/junior project manager. We encourage junior project managers who are interested in acquiring experience to apply. Any such arrangement will be contingent on agreement by the client and the applicants.