Project Manager: Our Community Bikes, a project of PEDAL society, Business Plan Development
Closing Date: June 9, 2017
Organization’s Mission: PEDAL is a local grassroots non-profit society that has been in operation since 1993. We believe that the use of bikes promotes a healthy and environmentally sound transportation alternative which should be available to everyone. To this end we oversee several bicycle related programs in the Vancouver area which are administered through our storefront located in the Main Street and Broadway area. There we offer education and mechanical services (including training, onsite repair personnel and rental do-it-yourself bike repair stations) all of which are made available to empower community members through access to safe and reliable transportation independent of their social standing.
Project Objectives: We want to get a better understanding of our cash-flow needs in order to formulate a go-forward strategy for an operational budget. We also want to benchmark our various programs to determine which segments of our approach contribute to the bottom line.
- Consulting experience with emphasis on business plan development to create recommendations. (ie, Five or more years of project management experience within a business environment)
- A consultative approach to working with teams
- Abstraction skills to look for new creative opportunities and to reducing expenditures and creating/building revenue
- Demonstrated education and experience in project management
- Strong planning and communication skills
Estimated Time Commitment: Approximately 6 hrs. /week over a 10 week period.
Preferred Start Date: June 30th, 2017
Expected Completion Date: September 29th 2017
Scope of Work: The Volunteer PM, with support from the PEDAL staff/Board, will be responsible for the development of a Business Plan with Go-Forward Recommendations.
- Business plan based on reports, records, with some data collection accompanied with spread sheets for scenario modeling
- Analysis of budget for the purpose of creating recommendations with respect to locating efficiencies and/or reducing redundancies etc.
- Analysis of the revenue generated through the sale of refurbished bikes relative to other possible revenue generation options (examples include: shop built bikes not generating sufficient contribution (revenue after the costs have been applied) compared with full service bike repairs and our DIY program.
Accountability: The PM volunteer will have end-end accountability on project deliverables, reporting to PEDAL Human Resource Coordinator.
Benefits: PEDAL will provide a letter of recommendation (to the PM volunteer) at the successful conclusion of the project, and serve as a reference if appropriate.
How to Apply:
Please apply with a cover letter indicating why you are interested in supporting the PEDAL Society on this project and why you feel your skill set and experience would make you a good match for this project, along with a detailed resume to:
Bhakti James, Human Resource Coordinator, PEDAL Society
Phone: (604) 879-2453
Please copy of your application package to Project Management Volunteers c/o:
Sean Goldie, PM-Volunteers Client Relationship Manager
Deadline for Applications: June 9, 2017
NOTE: We may consider a team approach of a senior/junior project manager. We encourage junior project managers who are interested in acquiring experience to apply. Any such arrangement will be contingent on agreement by the client and the applicants.