Project Manager: Plan QR codes implementation for items in Chilliwack Historical Society
Organisation: Canadian Forces Base Chilliwack Historical Society
Closing Date: December 31st, 2017
The Canadian Forces Base Chilliwack Historical Society (CFBCHS) collect, maintains, and displays archives to help relive and remember the proud history of the “Home of the Royal Canadian Engineers/Canadian Military Engineers”. The society protects all relevant military history, in the Fraser Valley, constructively educate youth as to how their freedom was secured and to assist veterans in telling their stories to our youth.
CFBCHS aims to improve their member service to access the archived material and historical documentations. CFBCHS is seeking a project manager to plan and lead the team in designing and implementing a QR code system for reaming 30,000 + artifacts and display rooms.
- Create a Project Plan, including requirements, scope of work, needed resources and tools, budget and risk assessment in cooperation with head of PR & display directors.
- Identify obstacles, technical issues which might cause scope/budget or time creep
- Support the team to understand their assigned tasks and assist them with executing the project
- Determine the content and design of the QR-Code
- Select and implement the suitable/existing software to read the process the QR-Code
- Able to understand past perfect comp data.
- Knowledgeable in designing QR codes is proffered.
- Ability to work well with older adults, Veterans and military knowledge is an asset.
- Ability to understand the requirements and what needed to be done to be successful
- Strong team leading skills and communication skills
- Candidate from Chilliwack are preferred or candidates who are flexible to visit the location in Chilliwack as needed
Estimated Time Commitment: 40-60 hours over the course of the project.
Expected Start Date: January 15th, 2018 Expected End Date: Mai 15th, 2018
Scope of Work:
The Project Manager will work with CFBCHS team to create a project plan that considers the focus areas, requirements, resources, tools, budget and obstacles. The project manager will provide status updates to report the progress and discuss challenges needs to be discussed and resolved.
- Assessment of the current situation and identify the requirements.
- Recommendation(s)/proposal for best practice based on availability of technical expertise.
- Project Charter including Objectives, Scope, Budget, Risk, Roles & Responsibilities.
- Project Plan (including but not limited to a schedule, resource plan, risk analysis, and implementation plan).
- Assistance during implementation to ensure assigned tasks get done as planned.
- Support throughout the project.
Accountability: Rachel Doucette, Communication & Engagement Consultant
Benefits: CFBCHS will provide a letter of recommendation at the successful conclusion of the project, and serve as a reference if appropriate.
Communication & Engagement Consultant, Empowering Solutions
How to Apply: Submit your resume and cover letter to Rachel Doucette with a copy to PM-Volunteers Client Relationship Manager, Atusa Aschury email@example.com.