St. John’s School : Operational Plan for Advancement Program
Organisation: St. John’s School
Closing Date: June 22, 2018
The Organization – St. John’s School and Advancement Department
St. John’s mission is to inspire academic excellence in our students and create confident learners who will pursue their goals with passion, integrity and respect for others within the global community. We’re a strong community of parents, alumni, staff and governors who are committed to offering an exceptional environment for our children.
Advancement has the privilege of working with all members of the community to support our students, the Board of Governors, Parent Support Group, Alumni Association and school administration to fulfill the vision of St. John’s. As an independent school community, we are the only ones who will invest in St. John’s for our children. We ask all members of our community to support the school. Over the years, the participation and financial support for the school has increased significantly, and in turn, the resources and facilities for our students have been transformed.
Link to St. John’s School: www.stjohns.bc.ca
Project Description: Operational Plan for Advancement Program
The Advancement department is looking for a volunteer project manager to assist them in putting together a comprehensive annual plan, tracking the fundraising initiatives and community initiatives that happen throughout the year. This includes meeting with the Advancement team members to get a sense of each of their roles and activities throughout the year and then developing a comprehensive plan that promotes collaboration between members, including but not limited to, an Advancement specific school-year calendar, work back schedules on major projects and critical path documents for events – with the ultimate goal of keeping the team on-track on all initiatives happening in the upcoming school year.
Location: Vancouver, BC
- Document and organize all fund-raising activities as performed by the Advancement team members.
- 2-3 years of project management experience
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience with K-12 education sector is desirable
- Experience with not-for-profit sector, fund-raising is desirable
Estimated Time Commitment:
Expected effort is 4 hours/week, which will fluctuate depending on the phase of the project.
On-site meetings may prove necessary, from time to time.
Start Date: July 3, 2018
Expected Completion Date: Oct 31, 2018
Scope of Work:
- Conduct interviews with Advancement team to determine all known work activities related to fund-raising as managed by the St. John School Advancement Team members
- Flush out additional activities that have not been considered.
- Build a re-usable Annual Operational Fund Raising Plan, that will include timelines, tasks, responsibilities, dependencies etc. that can be utilized for each school year.
- Development of an Annual Operational Plan
- Presentation of Operational Plan to Advancement Team
- Support transition of Operational Plan to Advancement Team to assume plan execution responsibilities.
Accountability: The PM volunteer will have end-end accountability on project deliverables, reporting to the Advancement Services & Stewardship Officer, Victoria Caros.
Benefits: The Advancement Services & Stewardship Officer will provide a letter of recommendation to the PM volunteer at the successful conclusion of the project and serve as a reference if appropriate.
How to Apply:
Please apply with a cover letter indicating why you are interested in supporting the St. John Advancement Team on this project and why you feel your skill set and experience would make you a good match for this project, along with a detailed resume to:
Victoria Caros, Advancement Services & Stewardship Officer, St. John’s School, Vancouver
Please send copy of your application package to Project Management Volunteers c/o:
Peter Mulholland, PM-Volunteers, Client Relationship Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org