Starlight Children’s Foundation : Event plan “Trick or Suite”
Organisation: Starlight Children’s Foundation
Closing Date: May 13th, 2018
Project Manager: Event plan “Trick or Suite”
The Starlight Children’s Foundation (Starlight) is a registered children’s charity that helps brighten the lives of seriously and chronically ill children and their families.
The emotional ups and downs and everyday challenges of the affected families are a constant reminder of their life and death struggle. Starlight is there to help those families to go through their difficult time by being there for the entire journey—from the emergency room to recovery.
More info available at www.starlightcanada.org
To take a lead role in the planning and execution of Starlight’s annual event “Trick or Suite” to be held in October 28th, 2018 at the Cascades Casino Convention Centre in Langley BC. This is the second year for this event with the goal to create a bigger and memorable event that will raise funds and awareness for Starlight’s’ children’s programs. The gained experience from last year should be used to make this year’s event a bigger success as last year.
- Create a detailed event plan including activities, resourcing, budget, risk management framework, timeline, vendors, post event follow-up and lessons learned in cooperation with the Volunteer Committee.
- Execute and follow up on the plan in regular bases.
- Chair the Volunteer Committee’s meetings to align the event status and follow up as needed.
- Participate in a lessons-learned session to assess the planning and implementation of the event within 2 weeks of the event conclusion.
- Attend the event on the event day to manage all facets of execution.
- Ability to understand the requirements and what needed to be done to be successful.
- Strong team leading skills and communication skills.
- Passionate about Kids and their well- being.
- Experience in event planning is desirable.
Estimated Time Commitment: 100-120 hours over the course of the project.
Expected Start Date: May 2018 Expected End Date: November 2018
Scope of Work:
The Project Manager will work with Starlight team to create a project plan that considers the focus areas, requirements, resources, tools, budget and obstacles. The project manager will provide status updates to report the progress and discuss challenges needs to be discussed and resolved.
- List of requirements and needed action items after reviewing the plan of 2017 and/or interviewing the team members regarding previous experience and areas to improve.
- Project Charter including Objectives, Scope, Budget, Risk, Roles & Responsibilities.
- Project Plan (including but not limited to a schedule, resource plan, risk analysis, and implementation plan).
- Assistance during implementation to ensure assigned tasks get done as planned.
- Support throughout the entire project and during the event.
Accountability: The volunteer PM will have end-to-end accountability for the event execution to be reported to Heather Burnett, BC and AB Regional Manager, Starlight Children’s Foundation.
- Starlight will provide a letter of recommendation at the successful conclusion of the project and serve as a reference if appropriate.
- The Trick or Suite committee will also participate in a lesson learned session targeted in capturing the key lessons learned in delivering the project such that all stakeholders can benefit in future projects.
Starlight Children’s Foundation, Heather Burnett, BC and AB Regional Manager
How to Apply: Submit your resume and cover letter to Heather Burnett with a copy to PM-Volunteers Client Relationship Manager, Atusa Aschury firstname.lastname@example.org.