The Elizabeth Fry Society of Greater Vancouver – Education Support – RESP for Low-Income Families
Organisation: The Elizabeth Fry Society of Greater Vancouver
Location: New Westminster, BC
Closing Date: October 31, 2019
The Elizabeth Fry Society of Greater Vancouver supports women, girls and children at risk, involved in or affected by the justice system. Our programs and services build skills, support community stability and help improve the lives of women and their families.
British Columbia has over 5000 low income and indigenous families who would benefit from the government RESP assistance program. The project objective is to reach all these families within three years to help them overcome their challenges in enrolling in the RESP program. The volunteer PM will manage a project to develop and launch a strategic plan to make this goal possible. The execution will be performed by EFry’s extensive volunteer base to reach education providers and community support services who will be able engage the low-income families.
- Develop a communications and publicity plan to reach education providers and community organizations
- Develop a strategic plan to reach and enroll all 5000 families in three years
- Develop a project plan for EFry staff and volunteers to meet project objectives
- Develop an education package for the families to enable them to enroll in the RESP program
- Experience in projects focused on communications and strategic planning
- Familiarity and understanding of not-for-profit social service agencies, in particular those who work with low income and indigenous families
- Minimum 3-5 years of project management experience
- Exceptional planning, communication and leadership skills with the ability to prioritize tasks, manage deadlines and achieve goals in timely manner
Estimated Time Commitment: Approx. 50-100 hours over three months
Start Date: Nov 1, 2019 End Date: Jan 30, 2020
Scope of Work
The volunteer PM will work with EFry staff to manage the delivery of project objectives. Each project objective is assigned to an expert in that area within the EFry organization or to an external professional as determined by EFry. The volunteer PM will help to structure each objective in a measurable and deliverable process and will verify that the process is followed to completion.
- Project schedule for strategic objectives
- Communications plan for team
- Three-year execution plan
The PM volunteer will have end-end accountability on project deliverables, reporting to Chrystal Lattie, Executive Assistant.
The Elizabeth Fry Society will provide a letter of recommendation to the PM volunteer at the successful conclusion of the project and serve as a reference if appropriate.
How to Apply
Please apply with a cover letter indicating why you are interested in supporting EFry on this project and why you feel your skill set and experience would make you a good match for this project, along with a detailed resume to:
Chrystal Lattie, Executive Assistant
Phone: 604-545-0713 URL: www.elizabethfry.com
Please also copy the following: Cyprian Libera, PMP, PMV Client Relationship Manager
Organization may proceed with interviewing and engaging applicants before the application deadline.
NOTE: We may consider a team approach of a senior/junior project manager. We encourage junior project managers who are interested in acquiring experience to apply. Any such arrangement will be contingent on agreement by the client and the applicants.