Tourism Bowen Island – Strategic Plan Facilitator and Implementation
Organisation: Tourism Bowen Island
Location: Bowen Island, BC
Closing Date: February 20, 2019
The Organization – Tourism Bowen Island
Tourism Bowen Island (TBI)’s mission is to foster sustainable tourism, facilitate economic development by representing and supporting its members, and assisting with destination management including visitor services. TBI’s operating budget is composed of annual grants from Destination BC, Bowen Island Municipality, Service Canada’s Summer Jobs grant, and revenue from membership dues and print advertising. TBI has one part-time employee plus contractors assisting with the website and marketing.
Please reference our website: https://www.tourismbowenisland.com/
Project Description: Strategic Plan Facilitator and Implementation
Tourism Bowen Island is looking for a facilitator to assist the Tourism Bowen Island alliance in developing a long-term strategic plan.
The approach to expedite the development of this plan is a single day-long planning session with the Board of Directors and key staff. This meeting would ideally occur prior to May. The Facilitator would be expected to perform preparatory work, deliver the session facilitation, and develop the post-session summary report that will be used by Tourism Bowen Island to generate their 2019-2021 Strategic Plan.
Location: Bowen Island, BC
- Facilitate day-long Strategic Planning session, deliver long-term Strategic Plan and short-term one-year Operational Plan
- Execution of Operational Plan
- 3-5 years of facilitation experience
- 1-2 years of strategic planning experience
- 2-3 years of project management experience
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Experience with tourism sector is desirable
- Experience with not-for-profit sector is desirable
Estimated Time Commitment:
- 32 hours for the Strategic Planning Session; 8 hours of preparatory work, 8 hours of session facilitation plus 16 hours of post-session summary and strategic plan development.
- After the strategic planning session, expect 4 hours/week (April-Dec) related to execution of operational plan.
A one-day Strategic Planning session will be held on Bowen Island, March 30th or earlier if possible.
Start Date: March 1, 2019
Expected Completion Date: December 31, 2019
Scope of Work:
- All matters related to tourism on Bowen Island
- Plan, execute, document a one-day strategic planning work session
- Documentation of planning session; long term strategy, short term operational plan
- Ongoing project management of execution of operational plan
- Facilitation of the Strategic Planning Session
- Development of Strategic Plan plus 1st year Operational Plan
- Presentation of Plans to Board of Directors
- Deliverables as per Operational Plan for 2019
Accountability: The PM volunteer will have end-end accountability on project deliverables, reporting to the Chairperson of the Board of Directors, Tourism Bowen Island.
Benefits: The Chairperson of the Board of Directors, Tourism Bowen Island, will provide a letter of recommendation to the PM volunteer at the successful conclusion of the project and serve as a reference if appropriate.
How to Apply:
Please apply with a cover letter indicating why you are interested in supporting the Tourism Bowen Island team on this project and why you feel your skill set and experience would make you a good match for this project, along with a detailed resume to:
Maureen Sawasy – Chairperson, Tourism Bowen Island
Please send copy of your application package to Project Management Volunteers c/o:
Peter Mulholland, PM-Volunteers, Client Relationship Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org