Volunteer Cancer Drivers Society – Roadmap Strategy Planning for 2019/2020
Organisation: Volunteer Cancer Drivers Society (VCDS)
Closing Date: March 31, 2019
The Volunteer Cancer Drivers Society (VCDS) is a not-for-profit organization providing free, safe, timely and efficient transportation to and from cancer related medical appointments throughout the Lower Mainland. VCDS team of volunteer drivers and dispatchers, offers peace of mind for patients who may not have the means to drive to and from appointments.
Starting with a few drivers and no funding, in less than 3 years the VCDS has grown 25-30% annually. With 10 dispatchers and 175 volunteer drivers, VCDS completed over 16,000 trips with cancer patients in 2018. To date the VCDS has consistently fulfilled over 99% of the patient transportation requests.
VCDS is experiencing dramatic annual growth in demand of over 35%, since 2016. Considering future growth of up to 25%, raising and managing fundraising is critical to VCDS to continue with their success of delivering quality service.
To support the projected growth, VCDS has developed a 12 months strategy to raise 350,000$, acquire new sponsors and improve client relationship.
The Program Manager should review the planned strategy with the VCDS to create a road map including proposals for future projects (fundraising event etc.) to ensure meeting the strategy objectives.
Develop and manage a Donor Development and Management Strategy for the VCDS to maintain and grow existing donor support and cultivate new relationships resulting in a consistent stream of financial support.
- Cultivate relationships with new donors;
- Steward current doors to maximize donor retention, engagement and investment:
- Implement communications strategies with supporters to grow relationships.
- Solid program management background.
- Highly analytical and focused.
- Good knowledge of project management principles.
- Experience with fundraising would be beneficial.
Estimated Time Commitment: 60-80h
Start Date: April 2019 End Date: July 2019
Scope of Work
The strategy should embrace:
- Grant applications and research;
- Acquisition of new private and corporate donors;
- Planned giving including In-kind and Legacy Giving;
- Kindness Pays forward and Giving Tuesday;
- Education and awareness.
- Developing a program to support the strategic direction of the organization
- Provide a list of projects to support the developed program plan
- Change management plan to ensure needed changes can be implemented to archive the goals
The PM volunteer will have end-end accountability on project deliverables, reporting to George Garrett, Vice President – Fundraising at VCDS.
VCDS will provide a letter of recommendation to the PM volunteer at the successful conclusion of the project and serve as a reference if appropriate.
How to Apply
Please apply with a cover letter indicating why you are interested in supporting VCDS on this project and why you feel your skill set and experience would make you a good match for this project, along with a detailed resume to:
George McAffer, Executive Vice President
Phone: 604 535 8856
Please copy of your application package to Project Management Volunteers c/o:
Atusa Aschury Client Relationship Manager