Hemochromatosis Awareness 40th Anniversary Canada Tour
POSITION DESCRIPTION – VOLUNTEER PROJECT MANAGER
Canadian Hemochromatosis Society (CHS)
April 9th, 2021
The Canadian Hemochromatosis Society (CHS) promotes the early diagnosis of hemochromatosis by raising public awareness, informing the medical community, and encouraging early screening of at-risk populations. The CHS provides support and information to individuals and families affected by iron overload.
The Canadian Hemochromatosis Society is looking for a Project Manager to oversee the planning and coordination of its 40th anniversary Canada tour. The event entails a 4-month trip starting in May 2022 across the country, from Victoria, BC to St John’s, Newfoundland. The Project Manager will work with a staff team to oversee the timelines and work, recruit, train and schedule volunteers, and carry out marketing activities.
- Raise funds to support the Canadian Hemochromatosis Society’s programs and vision.
- Spread awareness and engage with stakeholders across the country to support a national charitable cause.
- Lead the team to gather requirements and define acceptance criteria.
- Create detailed project plan including scope, budget, resource and timeline in cooperation with The Canadian Hemochromatosis Society’s team.
- Ability to lead, motivate and engage volunteers in a team setting.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Proficient in cross cultural communication skills.
- Provide leadership to manage issues and escalations.
- Manage changes and provide mitigation plan.
- Advise on development of project budget and schedule.
- Past experience in fundraising event planning and execution.
- A passion for event promoting and marketing.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, and the ability to converse with various stakeholders.
- Critical thinking and problem solving to establish priorities and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple moving parts in a project.
- Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities.
- Adaptability and ability to work well with groups.
Estimated Time Commitment
10-15 hours per month
Start Date: April 2021
End Date: October 2022
Scope of Work
The Project Manager will coordinate and provide oversight of all aspects of the Hemochromatosis Awareness 40th anniversary Canada tour, a 4-month trip across the country starting in May 2022. The Project Manager will support marketing, sponsorship, and training activities to ensure the Society to achieve its fundraising goals.
- Work with CHS staff members to develop a project management plan including a detailed event implementation plan, marketing plan, communications plan & volunteer coordination plan with identification of key milestones.
- Define project scope, success criteria and desired outcome.
- Define tasks and required resources.
- Create schedule and project timeline.
- Keep track of overall progress and accomplishment.
- Ensure milestones are met with robust mitigation strategy to address potential issues.
- Monitor and assign resources appropriately to streamline project efficiency and maximize deliverable outputs.
- Report project outcomes and/or risks to the appropriate to stakeholders as needed.
- Conduct lessons learned in cooperation with PM- volunteers.
The PM volunteer will provide leadership to meet The Canadian Hemochromatosis Society’s objectives. The PM volunteer will have end-end accountability on project deliverables, reporting to Liz Charyna, Manager People and Programs for the Canadian Hemochromatosis Society.
The Canadian Hemochromatosis Society will provide a letter of recommendation to the PM volunteer at the successful conclusion of the project and serve as a reference if appropriate.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com , with the heading ‘40th Anniversary Canada Tour’.
Please also copy your application package to Project Management Volunteers: firstname.lastname@example.org
Organization may proceed with interviewing and engaging applicants before the application deadline.