Volunteer Project Manager Opportunity
Community Micro Lending – Micro Lending Website Revamp
POSITION DESCRIPTION – VOLUNTEER PROJECT MANAGER
Community Micro Lending
July 6th, 2020
Community Micro Lending is a non-profit based in Victoria B.C. that helps local people with barriers start or grow new businesses by connecting them with peer-to-peer loans, training and support.
Community Micro Lending needs the help of a project manager with relevant experience to lead staff and volunteers through executing the organization’s digital transformation by October 2020. Specifically this includes: launching a new website (WordPress), setting up CiviCRM, activating crowdfunding plug-ins and setting up GSuite.
This project will produce the following functionalities for the organization:
Website: processing donations, processing loans, registering participants for events and programs, signing up to volunteer, and signing up for the mailing list
CiviCRM: Case and relationship management, contact database
GSuite: organization-wide access to same GSuite apps, shared drive, internal apps for collaboration (Docs, Sheets, Forms), program hosting (sites, Google Classroom)
DocuSign and JotForm: virtual loan application, underwriting and processing
Current state: The staging site launched, themes and widgets installed, GSuite activated and emails transferred to domain, drive being informally used, JotForm set up, DocuSign set up, CiviCRM installed and test data installed.
- Deliver website relaunch phases
- Deliver connected technology launch phases (GSuite, CiviCRM, DocuSign & Jotform)
- Produce documentation for staff and volunteers for newly used technology tools.
- Minimum 3-4 years of project management experience.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of experience with lean start-ups, preferably social impact, Fintech or Microfinance
- Excellent planning and communication skills, written and verbal.
Estimated Time Commitment
10- 15 hours/month
Start Date: 12th of July, 2020 End Date: 10th of Dec, 2020
Scope of Work
The volunteer project manager will be responsible for:
- Work with other staff and volunteers in the new digital transformation integration and infrastructure plan
- Be responsible for setting detailed project plan for the project three phases, Website Launch, Website Integrations, and Media Strategy.
- Generate requested documents and progress reports
- Address and resolve any issues during the project execution.
- Employee training on the new Technology tools used.
- New launched website
- Project plan documentation
The PM volunteer will have end-end accountability on project deliverables, reporting to Elysia Glover, Executive Director; Director of Training and Entrepreneur Support.
Community Micro Lending will provide a letter of recommendation to the PM volunteer at the successful conclusion of the project, and serve as a reference if appropriate.
How to Apply
Please apply with a cover letter indicating why you are interested in supporting this project and why you feel your skill set and experience would make you a good match for this project, along with a detailed resume to:
Elysia Glover, Executive Director; Director of Training and Entrepreneur Support
Please copy of your application package to Project Management Volunteers:
Heba Rezk, PM-Volunteers Client Relationship Manager
Organization may proceed with interviewing and engaging applicants before the application deadline.