Digital Marketing Manager
Project Management Volunteers
September 15, 2022
Are you passionate about branding, content creation, and community engagement? Would you like to be part of a team responsible for raising brand awareness, promoting our services, and innovating marketing strategies? We need exceptionally driven, creative, and collaborative people. Project Management Volunteers (PMV) has been connecting non-profit organizations with volunteer project management professionals (PMP) to achieve project success and bring that value to the community they serve since 2010. We’re the only national non-profit organization that offers free project management services through knowledge philanthropy. Since 2010, we have made an impact by connecting non-profits with 250 volunteer project managers. We have completed over 290 projects and delivered our workshops to over 500 participants. If you are looking to gain valuable experience and collaborate with an enthusiastic and dynamic group of volunteers at PMV, we are excited for you to apply for this opportunity!
No. of openings: 1 position
Estimated Time Commitment:
Up to 5 hours per week, virtual
Immediate start date: minimum commitment of 12 months is required
- Provide marketing and promotional assistance for PMV Services and Workshops
- Develop new collateral materials and products (digital, video and print) to promote and enhance brand identity and provide consistent clear messaging about our services
- Strengthen PMV’s brand through a new storytelling strategy that weaves materials into real-life examples of the need for, and impact of, Association programs.
- Spearhead PMV newsletter; plan and execute content for our PMV blog, which includes generating and soliciting strong story ideas and developing a production schedule to ensure regular, relevant and dynamic content
- Planning digital marketing & communication campaigns, including web, SEO/SEM, email, social media, and display advertising
- Implement PMV Marketing and communication strategies in line with PMV’s annual objectives.
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs)
- Adhere to PMV branding handbook guidelines to ensure all-around consistency (style, fonts, images, and tone) for all drafts, content & documents clearly and consistently across all channels
- Attend monthly Marketing and Communication meetings
- May also be required to attend other team meetings, as requested
- Report to the Marketing and Communications Manager
- Complete timesheets on a weekly basis
- Has a minimum two years of undergraduate degree or equivalent combination of related education and experience in digital marketing, advertising, and/or marketing roles
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns (i.e. Google AdWords, Google Ads, Google Analytics)
- A positive attitude is key for this role as it requires working across teams and being receptive and responsive to feedback
- Creative, critical thinker who’s eager to work in a fast-paced environment with sophisticated abilities in design and visual communications and proven commitment to brand consistency
- Data-driven and champions a test-learn-optimize approach
- Strong relationship-builder who takes a customer-focused approach with cross-functional teams
- Strong project management skills, with proven experience overseeing design projects and collaborating with graphic designers, social media manager, content writers, and cross functional stakeholders
- Superior time management and organizational skills and ability to prioritize, complete tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Solution-driven with an ability to self-motivate and work as part of an ambitious, collaborative team
- Abilities in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Canva and Slack
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously
- Experience with multiple social media platforms ( i.e. Facebook, LinkedIn, Mailchimp, etc)
- Experience with Hootsuite, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress, Mailchimp ,MS SharePoint, and Slack is a plus
Why volunteer with us
- Building connections with project management, non for profit and marketing community
- Ample opportunities for learning and collaboration
- Apply your generous volunteer time within a culture of mutual support where volunteers are committed to helping various communities through non-profits organization
- A letter of recommendation and LinkedIn testimonial will be provided, and serve as a reference, as appropriate
If you’d like us to know about you
Please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please include “Storyteller/Content Writer” in the Subject line of your email.
Thank you for your interest. We will review applications as they are received. Only those short-listed will be contacted for an interview.
Visit us at www.pmv.org more for information.