Implementation of Renewed Vision and Mission
Jan 24, 2020
POSITION – VOLUNTEER PROJECT MANAGER
S.U.C.C.E.S.S., a non-partisan and not-for-profit charitable organization, was founded in 1973 and incorporated in 1974 for the purpose of promoting the well-being of Canadians and newcomers.
Established in 1973, S.U.C.C.E.S.S. has since developed into a multi-service, multicultural agency that serves more than 61,000 clients annually. Across 30 service locations in Canada and offices in Asia, services are provided in newcomer settlement, employment, community development, language training, family and youth counselling, affordable housing and seniors care. Programs are delivered in culturally appropriate ways to best meet the needs of the clients. Through advocacy, S.U.C.C.E.S.S. is also recognized as a prominent voice for positive social change.
The project is about communicating the renewed vision and mission to all the organizations stakeholders, internal and external. Different aspects affected by the vision and mission, such as branding, programs, etc. will be assessed and also renewed if deemed necessary. The project also includes developing a plan to ensure that the organization’s renewed vision and mission is embedded in all planning and work performed across the organization and will remain present, especially to staff.
- All SUCCESS staff have been informed about the renewed vision and mission, understand it, and are aware how to incorporate it in their daily work
- The renewed vision and mission are used by staff to guide operations, including decision making, prioritization, and allocation of funds
- External stakeholders have been informed about the organization’s renewed vision and mission
- Initiatives have been defined and put in place to ensure the vision and mission remain alive.
- Min 5 years practical project management experience
- Experience in organizing a communication campaign
- Experience in branding would be an asset
- Experience in change management would be an asset
- Excellent written and oral communication.
Estimated Time Commitment
10-15 hours/month (~20 hours/month in the first month or two)
Start Date: Mid-February 2020
End Date: end of May 2020
Scope of Work
The volunteer PM will develop a Communication Plan to roll out the renewed vision and mission for the organization. Target audience are all internal (staff) and external stakeholders. Based on inputs from the organization, the plan may include branding materials, programs definition, etc. Special attention shall be given to create an on-going effort to maintain the vision and mission alive in people’s minds. When the plan is put into action, the volunteer PM will lead the project team implementing the activities.
- Definition of the main pillars of the renewed vision and mission communication effort
- Communication Plan, including medium term initiatives
- Leadership during the execution of the Communication Plan
The PM volunteer will have end-end accountability on project deliverables, reporting to CEO of SUCCESS
S.U.C.C.E.S.S. will provide a letter of recommendation to the volunteer project manager at the successful conclusion of the project, and serve as a reference if appropriate.
How to Apply
Please apply with a cover letter indicating why you are interested in supporting S.U.C.C.E.S.S. on this project and why you feel your skill set and experience would make you a good match for this project, along with a detailed resume to:
Queenie Choo, CEO
Please also copy the following: Pietro Widmer, PM-Volunteers Client Relationship Manager
The Organization may proceed with interviewing and engaging applicants before the application deadline.