JFS Move to New Location
POSITION DESCRIPTION – VOLUNTEER PROJECT MANAGER
Jewish Family Services (JFS)
September 17th, 2020
Guided by the wisdom and values of our Jewish tradition, JFS’ mission is to deliver a continuum of social services to individuals and families of all ages and stages of life, supporting them to live healthy and productive lives. Our vision is to be a leader in the Jewish and broader communities, transforming the lives of individuals and families through quality services and innovative programming that responds to evolving community needs.
The JFS mission goal is to deliver the best service possible with the resources at its disposal. It needs move to new location that will better meet the needs of the agency and that will help JFS to focus on the creation of a Food Centre. The project manager will coordinate all the activities required to move JFS from the existing location to the new location. JFS has a moving team to work with the project manager.
- Working with the client create a project plan, including a schedule, personnel resources, work breakdown structure and project success criteria.
- Manage the project according to the agreed plan until the move is completed.
- Excellent communication skills and track record for gaining the respect and cooperation of client’s staff and stakeholders
- Strong experience in staff and stakeholder facilitation
- Exceptional planning and leadership skills with the ability to prioritize tasks, manage deadlines and achieve goals in timely manner
- Non-profit and social service sector knowledge an asset
Estimated Time Commitment: Approx. 60-80 hours over 6 months
Start Date: September 2020 End Date: March 2021
Scope of Work
- Work with JFS moving team to develop a project management plan
- Overall project management
What is NOT Included in Scope of Work
- Selection of the new location
- Selection of IT company to setup the new location
- Selection of the moving company
- Project plan
The PM volunteer will have end-to-end accountability on project deliverables, reporting to the Director of Operations.
Jewish Family Services will provide a letter of recommendation to the PM volunteer at the successful conclusion of the project, and serve as a reference if appropriate.
How to Apply
Please apply with a cover letter indicating why you are interested in supporting JFS on this project and why you feel your skill set and experience would make you a good match for this project, along with a detailed resume to:
Rachel Shanken, Director of Operations
Please also copy the following:
Cyprian Libera, PMP -Volunteers Client Relationship Manager
JFS may proceed with interviewing and engaging applicants before the application deadline.