Process Documentation Development
POSITION DESCRIPTION – VOLUNTEER PROJECT MANAGER
Jewish Family Services
September 30 2021
Guided by the wisdom and values of our Jewish tradition, JFS’ mission is to deliver a continuum of social services to individuals and families of all ages and stages of life, supporting them to live healthy and productive lives. Our vision is to be a leader in the Jewish and broader communities, transforming the lives of individuals and families through quality services and innovative programming that responds to evolving community needs.
JFS requires 15 procedures, to be drafted by 3 persons who have specific knowledge of the processes. The volunteer should have technical writing and communications experience to be able to compose documents to a uniform standard and comprehensible by the target audience. The audience will be new personnel expected to join the organization.
• Write the processes in a standardized format ready for final review by JFS personnel.
• Develop a schedule for subject matter experts to draft and then review the process documents for final approval.
• Obtain final approval from a JFS designated authority to release the documents.
• Document development experience in the business process area.
• Excellent communication skills and track record for gaining the respect and cooperation of client’s staff and donors and volunteers.
• Exceptional planning and leadership skills with the ability to prioritize tasks, manage deadlines and achieve goals in timely manner.
• Non-profit and social service sector knowledge an asset
Estimated Time Commitment
Approx. 60 hours over 2 months
Start Date: October 04 2021
End Date: December 04 2021
Scope of Work
The volunteer project manager will be responsible for:
• Develop the schedules and plans required of the project.
• Communicate with staff to verify that food donation goals by donors are being met.
• Fifteen released process documents.
The PM volunteer will have end-end accountability on project deliverables, reporting to Tanja Tanja Demajo,
Jewish Family Services will provide a letter of recommendation to the PM volunteer at the successful conclusion of the project, and serve as a reference if appropriate.
- We may proceed with interviewing and engaging applicants before the application deadline.
- We may consider a team approach of a senior/junior project manager. We encourage junior project managers who are interested in acquiring experience to apply. Any such arrangement will be contingent on agreement by the client and the applicants.
How to Apply
Please use the form below to apply with a cover letter indicating why you are interested in supporting this project and why you feel your skill set and experience would make you a good match for this project, along with a detailed resume