Golf Getaway Lottery
POSITION DESCRIPTION – VOLUNTEER PROJECT MANAGER
June 04 2022
The Rotary Club of Kanata (established in 1999) provides support to local charitable organizations deemed to operate in a manner consistent with Rotary principles.
Our key priority areas for donation are local emergency relief and vital community support organizations. We are a group of volunteer-oriented people from all walks of life who enjoy all there is to appreciate about Kanata. We are the type of folks who like to ‘pitch in’, so to speak.
The Kanata Rotary has been managing the Golf Getaway Lottery for the past 5 years, and in that time have raised $101,000. They are now in need of a volunteer Project Manager to take over the 2022 Lottery project from the past Project Manager and Rotary member who has now retired and steer this critical event into the future.
Raise funding for local Rotary initiatives and supported organizations; Capital City Condors, Ottawa Community Foundation, Ottawa Rotary Home Foundation.
• 5 years’ experience in Project Management
• Experience with non-profits and fundraising would be a benefit
• Well-organized, detail-oriented and a creative thinker with problem-solving skills
• Experience in project planning is a strong necessity
• Strong people skills with experience leading and motivating teams
• Adaptable in a changing environment and works well under pressure
Please note that applicants residing in Eastern Ontario are preferred.
Estimated Time Commitment
Start Date: July 04 2022
End Date: January 15 2023
Scope of Work
The volunteer project manager will be responsible for:
The Project Manager will review past project plans and schedules and update for current year, confirm or establish roles and responsibilities of all team members and then manage project through to completion.
• Financial Plan
• Contracts with Online Lottery provider
• Business Plan
• Marketing and Promotion Plan
• Website review and upgrades
• Raffle Launch and Draw
The PM volunteer will have end-end accountability on project deliverables, reporting to Dwight Brown,
The Fund Raising Committee Chair will provide a letter of recommendation to the PM volunteer at the successful conclusion of the project and serve as a reference if appropriate.
- We may proceed with interviewing and engaging applicants before the application deadline.
- We may consider a team approach of a senior/junior project manager. We encourage junior project managers who are interested in acquiring experience to apply. Any such arrangement will be contingent on agreement by the client and the applicants.
How to Apply
Please use the form below to apply with a cover letter indicating why you are interested in supporting this project and why you feel your skill set and experience would make you a good match for this project, along with a detailed resume