POSITION DESCRIPTION – VOLUNTEER PROJECT MANAGER
Low Entropy Foundation
Currently Online. Regular locations are Lower Mainland & Fraser Valley
October 20th, 2020
Organization Mission – Educate, Empower & Evolve
Educate individuals on matters that are close to the heart. Empower each of us to take responsibility for our actions and how we relate to one another. Evolve towards a state of cooperation and compassion, ultimately lowering the entropy of our social system.
Recruit, train and assist volunteer facilitators for our new Compassionate Connections program which will provide one on one, online support and counsel for up to 25 individuals.
- Recruit and train volunteer facilitators.
- Start up to 25 new connections, with individuals requiring personalized support.
- 3+ years of project management experience
- Strong community builder
- Excellent communications, writing and verbal skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with Zoom, booking and registration platforms would be an asset
Estimated Time Commitment
2 to 5 hours per week
Start Date: Immediately End Date: April 2021
Scope of Work The project manager will establish a clear strategy and executable plan to recruit and train new volunteer facilitators who will be able to support up to 25 individuals on a one to one basis. The project manager will review and refine project timelines with the executive director and staff.
Work with Executive director and staff members to develop a project management plan including implementation plan, marketing plan, communications plan, facilitator recruitment plan and the identification of key milestones.
- Attendance to event kick off meeting.
- Execution of project management plan.
- Ensuring milestones are met with mitigation strategy to address potential issues.
- New team of volunteer facilitators for the Compassionate Connections program.
- Facilitators trained and supporting individuals from the community.
- A final evaluation report closing out the project.
The PM volunteer will have end-end accountability on project deliverables, reporting to Vanessa Wideski
Will provide a letter of recommendation to the PM volunteer at the successful conclusion of the project and serve as a reference if appropriate.
How to Apply
Please apply with a cover letter indicating why you are interested in supporting Low Entropy on this project and why you feel your skill set and experience would make you a good match for this project, along with a detailed resume to:
Vanessa Wideski, Executive Director, Low Entropy
Please copy your application package also to Project Management Volunteers c/o:
Michelle Caron, PMV Client Relationship Manager
Organization may proceed with interviewing and engaging applicants before the application deadline.