Launch new online learning platform
POSITION DESCRIPTION – VOLUNTEER PROJECT MANAGER
October 23rd, 2020
Minerva BC is a Vancouver-based non-profit that is dedicated to advancing the leadership of women and girls. Minerva support women across British Columbia to expand their capacities through education, mentorship and leadership training. Minerva’s vision is a world where all women and girls are not underrepresented in business and community leadership roles with offering various programs to support women to identify their values, discover their strengths, and develop their skills to build a better future.
In 2021 Minerva is planning to introduce a series of initiatives aimed at expanding their online program offerings. With the launch of their first blended programs to support Vancouver based team in January and March. This project aims to reach out a new group of future leaders and making learning more accessible for everyone.
Provide leadership to develop the new learning platform and to a successful implementation of the new platform supporting Minerva’s programs and visions.
- Lead the team to gather requirements and define acceptance criteria.
- Create detailed project plan including scope, budget, resource and timeline in cooperation with Minerva’s team.
- Define a clear governance structure that creates accountability.
- Execute and monitor the project plan and ensure.
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets project standards.
- Provide leadership to manage issues and escalations.
- Manage changes and provide mitigation plan.
- Advise on development of project budget and schedule.
- Coordinate all Owner responsibilities and ensure timely decisions.
- Include sustainability requirements, including training plan to ensure the team can use and maintain the system.
- Ensure proper documentations are created and communicated.
- Assist with developing systems, processes and tools to support participant registration, data management, evaluation and overall administration of programs
- Coordinate external vendors and consultants who will help the development team with the production of content including graphic design and video
- Review and test content to ensure quality and functionality online
- Assist with setting up the online platform and inputting content as needed
- Experience with various Project Management apps and tools (not limited to): Gantt Charts, Trello, Slack, Google Docs, etc. – with an ability to teach staff how to use
- A passion for online learning platforms and new initiatives.
- Critical thinking and problem solving to establish priorities and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple projects in a changing environment
- Creative eye and good writing skills is a benefit, specifically for creative decks and offer pitches.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and the ability to converse with various stakeholders.
- Ability to research and stay ahead of digital learning.
- Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities.
- Adaptability and ability to work well with groups.
Estimated Time Commitment
10-15 hours per month (project Management)
Start Date: October 2020 End Date: March 2021
Scope of Work
Create and execute an implementation plan to launch an online learning platform working with Minerva’s team considering their requirements, available resources and budget.
- Create a detailed implementation plan.
- Create sustainability/training plan.
- Define project scope, success criteria and desired outcome.
- Define tasks and required resources.
- Create schedule and project timeline.
- Ensure successful execution of the implementation plan.
- Address any issues and changes might arise during the project.
- Present to stakeholders’ reports on progress as well as problems and solutions.
- Keep track of overall progress and the accomplishment.
- Monitor and assign resources appropriately to streamline project efficiency and maximize deliverable outputs.
- Report project outcomes and/or risks to the appropriate to stakeholders as needed.
- Conduct lessons learned in cooperation with PM- volunteers.
The PM volunteer will provide leadership to meet Minerva’s objectives. The PM volunteer will have end-end accountability on project deliverables, reporting to Tina Strehlke is the CEO of the Minerva BC Foundation.
Benefits Minerva will provide a letter of recommendation to the PM volunteer at the successful conclusion of the project and serve as a reference if appropriate.
How to Apply
If you are an innovative individual that wants to be a part of a team that is changing the face of leadership in BC this is the volunteer opportunity for you.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com, referring to Launch of a new online learning platform.
Please send a copy of your application package to Atusa Aschury at firstname.lastname@example.org (Project Management Volunteers)
Organization may proceed with interviewing and engaging applicants before the application deadline.