Have you at times been thinking that a project manager could really help your organization out?
Since 2010 PMV (formerly pm-volunteers.org) has helped over 200 nonprofit organizations achieve project goals through professional project management.
Examples of the kind of projects we are engaged with include:
- Event planning and implementation
- IT-related projects
- Renovations & small construction
- Office moves
- Fundraising campaigns
- Websites development or upgrades
- Strategic planning
- And many, many other unique projects!
When you contact us,
- We will first assess your project and make sure there is a fit between your needs and the support we can provide.
- We will then develop with you a project outline and position description for the Volunteer PM.
- PMV will use this to advertise your opportunity within the professional project management community.
- Project managers who are interested will apply to you; you review the applications, conduct interviews and select the person you want to work with.
- PMV will provide monitoring and support throughout the project, and will lead a project Close-Out Session at the end.
Jewish Family Services
Operational and Optimization Audit
Guided by the wisdom and values of our Jewish tradition, JFS’ mission is to deliver a continuum of social services to individuals and families of all ages and stages of life, supporting them to live healthy and productive lives. Our vision is to be a leader in the Jewish and broader communities, transforming the lives of individuals and families through quality services and innovative programming that responds to evolving community needs.
Blue Cabin Relocation
GRUNT is an artist-run centre founded in 1984 in Vancouver, BC. Glenn Alteen, artist and Program Director of the grunt, is acting on behalf of Al Neil and Carole Itter, well known senior artists and long-time residents of the last remaining foreshore dwelling on the Burrard Inlet, to as…
Mental Health Pilot Program
In October 2014, the YMCA turned to PMV for help in leading the generation of a project plan and providing general project management for organizing and conducting mental health support workshops for youth suffering from anxieties…
Tenacity, dedication, commitment and professional are the tip of the wealth of skill set that PMs bring with them. Underneath is a hard-working, strong, focused and compassionate individual that has at their heart commitment to helping others. It is always a professional support to work with PMs but it is soul fueling to work along someone who just wants to help. I wish Peter were an ongoing part of our team. It was a great experience and sincerely appreciate the time and dedication. Thank you PMV for making the connection possible.
Nonprofits rely on PMV to connect them with Project Managers interested in volunteering to help improve their chances of project success. We work with nonprofits to define the specific requirements of each project, and then post them as Opportunities that Project Managers can volunteer for depending on their interests. The nonprofits are responsible for interviewing and selecting final candidates, as well as the terms of engagement. PMV offers ongoing support to both the nonprofit and the volunteer Project Manager throughout the project, and also facilitates a “Lessons Learned” session for all stakeholders at the closeout phase of the assignment.