POSITION DESCRIPTION – VOLUNTEER PROJECT MANAGER
August 13th, 2020
Refood is a registered Canadian charity that serves the community since 2015 by integrating suppliers and consumers to reduce the amount of food waste. With a percentage of 30% of produce get to waste, Refood picks up food from grocery stores before they throw it away, and deliver it to charities. With many partners like “save on food”, RBC, Vancity, etc Refood works on expanding their market and partner with more suppliers and charities to save more percentage of the daily waste!
This project scope is to deliver Refood Podcast episodes to show food history of a particular dish from different regions of the world, presenting Etiquettes and customary for each region, and find interested speakers to our target market.
- Plan and Release Podcast Production episodes
- Minimum 3-4 years of project management experience.
- 1-2 years of experience in podcasting work.
- Background in Marketing or Media fields.
- Excellent planning and communication skills, written and verbal.
Estimated Time Commitment
10- 15 hours/month
Start Date: 3rd of Aug, 2020 End Date: 20th of Dec, 2020
Scope of Work
The volunteer project manager will be responsible for:
- Assist in planning the release time of episodes,
- Setup a plan using different social media platforms to advertise the podcast,
- Website contents management for episodes scripting and uploads,
- Assist in selecting the right speakers for our target market listeners
- Assist in the branding of the podcast and promotions
- Help in the hiring a podcast production specialist who should be responsible for podcast production afterwards.
- Podcast plan for 2020/2021
- Podcast production team operational plan
The PM volunteer will have end-end accountability on project deliverables, reporting to Danison Buan, founder
Refood will provide a letter of recommendation to the PM volunteer at the successful conclusion of the project, and serve as a reference if appropriate.
How to Apply
Please apply with a cover letter indicating why you are interested in supporting this project and why you feel your skill set and experience would make you a good match for this project, along with a detailed resume to:
Danison Buan, founder
Please copy of your application package to Project Management Volunteers:
Heba Rezk, PM-Volunteers Client Relationship Manager
Organization may proceed with interviewing and engaging applicants before the application deadline.
NOTE [include only if applicable and remove this instruction]: We may consider a team approach of a senior/junior project manager. We encourage junior project managers who are interested in acquiring experience to apply. Any such arrangement will be contingent on agreement by the client and the applicants.