Develop Strategy Roadmap
POSITION DESCRIPTION – VOLUNTEER PROJECT MANAGER
Richmond Family Place
September 17 2021
Ensure every child in Richmond reaches their full potential – for families with children from birth to 12 years old.
Richmond Family Place’s Thrift store provides revenue that supports Richmond Family Place programs and provides clothing, free of charge, to families in need.
Due to the significant drop in earned income through the thrift store during the past covid year when it has been limited number of shoppers permitted in the store, Richmond Family place is now seeking for solutions to assist them moving some of their thrift store items to a virtual/online store.
As a first step, phase 1 of the project, the volunteer PM shall develop a strategy plan/ road map including recommendation for possible implementation solutions, cost, and resource overview by the end of 2021.
The second phase of the project shall execute the strategy plan as recommended and agreed in phase one sometime beginning of 2022.
This position description is seeking to find a volunteer PM to support phase one. If interested the volunteer PM can continue with Phase 2.
Provide leadership to develop a roadmap to support Richmond Family Place with their digital transformation, extending their reach to families in need.
- Strong strategic planning skills
Critical thinking and problem solving to establish priorities and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to set priorities and manage multiple activities in a changing environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and the ability to converse with various stakeholders.
- Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities.
Adaptability and ability to work well with groups.
- Some experience with digital transformation is desired.
Estimated Time Commitment
10-15 hours per month
Start Date: September 27 2021
End Date: December 31 2021
Scope of Work
The volunteer project manager will be responsible for:
Create a roadmap to meet Richmond Family Place’s Visions and objectives.
- Develop a detailed strategy plan.
- Define project scope, success criteria and desired outcome.
- Define tasks and required resources.
- Create a schedule and project timeline.
- Ensure successful execution of the implementation plan.
- Address any issues and changes might arise during the project.
- Present to stakeholders’ reports on progress as well as problems and solutions.
- Keep track of overall progress and the accomplishment
- Monitor and assign resources appropriately to streamline project efficiency and maximize deliverable outputs.
- Report project outcomes and/or risks to appropriate stakeholders as needed.
- Conduct lessons learned in cooperation with PM- volunteers.
The PM volunteer will have end-end accountability on project deliverables, reporting to Janice Janice Lambert,
Richmond Family Place will provide a letter of recommendation to the PM volunteer at the successful conclusion of the project and serve as a reference if appropriate.
- We may proceed with interviewing and engaging applicants before the application deadline.
- We may consider a team approach of a senior/junior project manager. We encourage junior project managers who are interested in acquiring experience to apply. Any such arrangement will be contingent on agreement by the client and the applicants.
How to Apply
Please use the form below to apply with a cover letter indicating why you are interested in supporting this project and why you feel your skill set and experience would make you a good match for this project, along with a detailed resume