Home Learner Network (HLN) Project
POSITION DESCRIPTION – VOLUNTEER PROJECT MANAGER
SelfDesign Learning Foundation (SDLF)
Virtual/Vancouver. Almost all SDLF work is carried out online
October 30th, 2020
SelfDesign® Learning Foundation supports learners of all ages and abilities in authoring their own lives and designing their own learning.
SelfDesign® Learning Foundation wants to expand their education offerings through the creation of a new website/program, Home Learners Network that offers learners of all ages, families and educators a place to share ideas and resources.
The first phase of the project is focused on:
- Technology and website development
- Content development for K-12 synchronous activities and piloting
- Market research, design development including eCommerce development
Phase one of the project is create a project plan that includes:
- Developing and piloting the K-12 learner offerings including content and synchronous activities
- Liaising with the Development team of the HLN platform design and function
- Conducting User Experience research, target market/segmentation research and usability testing
- Developing and building the HLN brand including website and graphic design
- Building the eCommerce platform for future phases of the project
- Demonstrated experience in creating and managing project management documentation (e.g. project plan, schedule, scope & sequence, budge, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in successfully managing projects focused in technology and web development, preferably in education but not required.
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of agile methodologies
- Experience with and/or knowledge of JIRA and Confluence systems, a plus
Estimated Time Commitment
6- hours per week
Start Date: October 26th, 2020 End Date: February 1st, 2021
Scope of Work
The Volunteer Project Manager will work with the project development lead, Ashton Sanders, and other stakeholders to produce a project plan and assists project lead in overall project management
- Creation and development of a project plan to ensure future phases of the project are successful
- Advise the project development lead in the overall project management process including monitoring, project scope, timeline, and budget throughout the project lifecycle
- Provide recommendations to the project development team to mitigate risks and ensure delivery of a successful project
The PM volunteer will have end-end accountability on project deliverables, reporting to Ashton Sanders, Project Development Lead.
SDLF will provide a letter of recommendation to the PM volunteer at the successful conclusion of the project and serve as a reference, if appropriate.
How to Apply
Please apply with a cover letter indicating why you are interested in supporting SDLF on this project and why you feel your skills and experience would make you a good match for this project, along with a detailed resume to:
Name: Ashton Sanders
Please forward a copy of your application package to Project Management Volunteers c/o: David Nimmo, PM-Volunteers Client Relationship Manager David.Nimmo@pmv.org