DATABASE FOR INTAKE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
POSITION DESCRIPTION – VOLUNTEER PROJECT MANAGER
South Vancouver Neighbourhood House (SVNH)
October 31st, 2020
South Vancouver Neighbourhood House (SVNH) is a volunteer-driven, community-service agency. Our mission is to make neighbourhoods better places to live. Our goal is to enable people to enhance their lives and strengthen their communities. Our challenge is to work with communities to develop innovative programs and services that meet the changing needs of a diverse population.
The existing intake process makes it difficult to manage clients and generate the required reports. SVNH has developed the requirements for a database to manage the intake system but needs a Microsoft ACCESS developer to design the database. The key objective of this project is to develop an ACCESS database to standardize the intake process and enable automated generation of required reports.
- Understanding of database design from approved requirements
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft ACCESS and EXCEL
- Familiarity and understanding of not-for-profit social service agencies
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
Estimated Time Commitment: 40-60 hours
Start Date: November 2020 Expected Completion Date: December 2020
Scope of Work:
The Volunteer Project Manager will
- Work with the SVNH volunteer project manager to develop the database from specific requirements.
- 5-6 tables
- 6-10 input forms
- 6-10 reports
- Develop the system so that the data can be automatically extracted from the program spreadsheets.
- Work with staff to determine training needs and roll out of the plan
- The new intake system database and procedures for its use by staff
- The operations and training plan for the new intake database system
Accountability: The PM volunteer will have accountability on project deliverables, reporting to Mimi Rennie, Director of Community Programs and the SVNH volunteer project manager.
Benefits: SVNH will provide a letter of recommendation to the PM volunteer at the successful conclusion of the project, and serve as a reference if appropriate.
How to Apply:
Please apply with a cover letter indicating why you are interested in supporting South Vancouver Neighbourhood House on this project and why you feel your skill set and experience would make you a good match for this project, along with a detailed resume to:
Mimi Rennie (she/her/hers pronouns)
Director Community Programs
South Vancouver Neighbourhood House
6470 Victoria Drive, Vancouver BC V5P 3X7
ph: 604-324-6212 f: 604-324-6116
Please email a copy of your application package to Project Management Volunteers c/o:
Cyprian Libera, PM-Volunteers Client Relationship Manager
Deadline for Applications: October 31, 2020
NOTE: SVNH may proceed with interviewing and engaging applicants before the application deadline.
NOTE: We may consider a team approach of a senior/junior project manager. We encourage junior project managers who are interested in acquiring experience to apply. Any such arrangement will be contingent on agreement by the client and the applicants.