Intake Management System
POSITION DESCRIPTION – VOLUNTEER PROJECT MANAGER
South Vancouver Neighbourhood House (SVNH)
August 15th, 2020
South Vancouver Neighbourhood House (SVNH) is a volunteer-driven, community-service agency. Our mission is to make neighbourhoods better places to live. Our goal is to enable people to enhance their lives and strengthen their communities. Our challenge is to work with communities to develop innovative programs and services that meet the changing needs of a diverse population.
The existing intake process makes it difficult to manage clients and generate the required reports. Clients may use more than one program but currently the programs are managed by different people, who keep their own records. Summary reports are generated by one person who asks the program managers for their input. The key objective of this project is to standardize the intake process and enable automated generation of required reports.
- Strong data and/or business analysis experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft ACCESS and EXCEL
- Familiarity and understanding of not-for-profit social service agencies
- Demonstrated experience in project management
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Experience in managing a multi-cultural team
- Excellent team facilitation and conflict resolutions skills
Estimated Time Commitment: 40-60 hours
Start Date: September 2020 Expected Completion Date: November 2020
Scope of Work:
The Volunteer Project Manager will
- Work with staff to assess the current intake process and data collected
- Develop a system to uniquely identify each client
- Develop an intake system with standard input forms to capture client ID, program manager and service provided
- Develop the system so that the data can be automatically extracted from the program spreadsheets.
- Develop the statistical tracking and reporting requirements
- Work with staff to determine training needs and roll out of the plan
- The new intake system and procedures for its use by staff
- The management, operations and training plan for the new intake system
Accountability: The PM volunteer will have end-end accountability on project deliverables, reporting to Mimi Rennie, Director of Community Programs.
Benefits: SVNH will provide a letter of recommendation to the PM volunteer at the successful conclusion of the project, and serve as a reference if appropriate.
How to Apply:
Please apply with a cover letter indicating why you are interested in supporting South Vancouver Neighbourhood House on this project and why you feel your skill set and experience would make you a good match for this project, along with a detailed resume to:
Mimi Rennie (she/her/hers pronouns)
Director Community Programs
South Vancouver Neighbourhood House
6470 Victoria Drive, Vancouver BC V5P 3X7
ph: 604-324-6212 f: 604-324-6116
Please email a copy of your application package to Project Management Volunteers c/o:
Cyprian Libera, PM-Volunteers Client Relationship Manager
Deadline for Applications: August 15, 2020
NOTE: SVNH may proceed with interviewing and engaging applicants before the application deadline.
NOTE: We may consider a team approach of a senior/junior project manager. We encourage junior project managers who are interested in acquiring experience to apply. Any such arrangement will be contingent on agreement by the client and the applicants.