POSITION DESCRIPTION – VOLUNTEER PROJECT MANAGER
The Sharing Farm Society
October 31 2021
The Sharing Farm Society grows food to feed Richmond families in need. The Society is run by community members for community members, and is dedicated to providing fresh, healthy, local produce to our less fortunate neighbours. It operates on a small budget, but thanks to the generosity of our over 1,000 yearly volunteers and the devotion of a small core of part-time staff, The Sharing Farm Society is able to provide thousands of pounds of fruits and vegetables every year to community meals throughout the city and the Richmond Food Bank. As a Food Security education centre, it has formal and informal education programs that teach new generations of urban farmers and backyard gardeners.
Sharing Farm is looking for a Project Manager with a technical background to help revamp its website. The new website will have renewed formatting and ability to embed its social media feeds and ecommerce functionality. With the updates, the project aims to provide a more intuitive and user-friendly experience for its users.
Implement a new website supporting The Sharing Farm Society’s programs and vision.
• Past experience in IT expansion and webpage renewal.
• A passion for web hosting platforms and new initiatives.
• Critical thinking and problem solving to establish priorities and strong attention to detail.
• Ability to set priorities and manage multiple moving parts in a project.
• Creative eye and good writing skills is a benefit.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, and the ability to converse with various stakeholders.
• Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities.
• Adaptability and ability to work well with groups.
Estimated Time Commitment
Start Date: November 08 2021
End Date: March 31 2022
Scope of Work
The volunteer project manager will be responsible for:
Create and execute an implementation plan to launch a website considering Sharing Farm’s requirements, available resources and budget.
• Create a detailed implementation plan.
• Create sustainability/training plan.
• Define project scope, success criteria and desired outcome.
• Define tasks and required resources.
• Create schedule and project timeline.
• Ensure successful execution of the implementation plan.
• Address any issues and changes that might arise during the project.
• Present to stakeholders’ reports on progress as well as problems and solutions.
• Keep track of overall progress and the accomplishment.
• Monitor and assign resources appropriately to streamline project efficiency and maximize deliverable outputs.
• Report project outcomes and/or risks to the appropriate to stakeholders as needed.
The PM volunteer will have end-end accountability on project deliverables, reporting to Sarah Drewery,
The Sharing Farm Society will provide a letter of recommendation to the PM volunteer at the successful conclusion of the project and serve as a reference if appropriate.
- We may proceed with interviewing and engaging applicants before the application deadline.
- We may consider a team approach of a senior/junior project manager. We encourage junior project managers who are interested in acquiring experience to apply. Any such arrangement will be contingent on agreement by the client and the applicants.
How to Apply
Please use the form below to apply with a cover letter indicating why you are interested in supporting this project and why you feel your skill set and experience would make you a good match for this project, along with a detailed resume